Rocky Road brownies

Monday, February 20, 2012

Lara’s Aunt Debra here. Just to keep the wonderful chocolate recipes going for the month of February, here is a recipe that my kids love. They are huge brownie fiends but their favorite ice cream is rocky road. That sent me on a path to find a recipe I liked for brownies with the wonderfulness of marshmallows and nuts. After a few misses, I found a combination that worked well.



Rocky Road Brownies
(Adapted from Martha Stewart’s Everyday Food)

Ingredients:
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 1/2 bags (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 tsp salt
4 large eggs
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
2 cup chopped walnuts, almonds, peanuts or whatever nut you choose (my kids go for the
peanuts)

Directions:

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan

- In a heatproof bowl, combine butter and 2 cups chocolate chips. Melt in the microwave on high >power for 3 to 5 five minutes, stirring occasionally.

- Into the chocolate/butter mixture, stir in sugars and salt. Once combined, stir in the eggs and then the flour, stirring just until combined. Mix in 1 cup of the walnuts.

- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.

- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs attached, 25 to 30 minutes.

- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with chopped nuts, remaining chocolate chips and marshmallows. Bake until the marshmallows are puffed and beginning to brown and the chocolate turns shiny, roughly 5 to 7 minutes. (If you like your marshmallows extra toasty, turn on the boiler of your oven and use that for the last few minutes. Be sure to turn the pan every minute or so to ensure even browning.)

- Remove from oven and cool completely in pan. Cut and enjoy!

5 comments:

Lyndas recipe box February 20, 2012 at 11:53 AM  

As a brownie lover, I will have to try these. They look fantastic!

K February 20, 2012 at 12:02 PM  

Wow! These brownies look amazing! Yummy! We will definitely have to try them sometime.

Kim February 20, 2012 at 8:56 PM  

These brownies look fantastic. I'd love to sink my teety into a bite:)

Casey February 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM  

One bite would make me happy. More bites would make me happier.

Mrs Minty Cream October 22, 2013 at 4:17 AM  

So pretty! I'm heading to the kitchen to make these right now!!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP