Mini S'mores

Monday, February 13, 2012

Hi, it's Kristina again. I love to make treats, but since my rather restricted diet doesn't allow for too many, I don't make them as much as I used to. But when I saw these mini-s'mores posted by a friend on Facebook, I just had to try them. They are simple and delicious!


 

Thanks to Texas Cottage for sharing this recipe!

Ingredients for Mini S'mores:
  • 1+ cup finely crushed graham crackers (7-8+ whole graham crackers)(I like a thick graham cracker crust, so I tend to use more graham crackers, which means I have to increase the powdered sugar and butter accordingly)
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 6 tablespoons melted butter
  • 4 chocolate bars (I used two large ones from Trader Joes)
  • 12 large marshmallows (use pink marshmallows for a more Valentiney treat)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place graham crackers into a large plastic bag and crush them. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and butter in a  bowl.

Place a handful of crumb mixture in each cup of a mini muffin pan. Press the crumbs firmlyin to form shallow cups. Bake for 4-5 minutes. 

While crust is baking, break the candy bars into rectangles and cut marshmallows length wise with scissors. When the crust is done, remove from oven and place one chocolate piece into each cup and one marshmallow on top with the cut side down. 



Return to oven 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows are slightly softened. Take pans out and let cool for 15 minutes or so, then carefully remove s'mores from pan. Then allow then to cool completely.

Take the remaining chocolate and put it in a small microwavable bowl and  heat on medium until melted, stirring every 45 seconds or so.  Dip the top of each marshmallow in melted chocolate. Turn them back over and let the chocolate set for an hour or so, then eat. Should make 2 dozen.


Enjoy!

3 comments:

teresa February 13, 2012 at 7:04 PM  

the perfect little treat!

Aitch February 13, 2012 at 10:13 PM  

A.L. made these for us and they were absolutely delicious! They got an enthusiastic thumbs up from Rocky too, who managed to get ahold of the last few.

annalisa February 13, 2012 at 10:51 PM  

I made these the other day and I loved them! My roommates and I devoured them in no time :)

I loved how easy they were to make.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP