"Bloody" Raspberry-Grape Punch (for Halloween)

Friday, October 19, 2012

With two kids' birthdays in October, I'm always on the hunt for fun new Halloweeny foods to throw into our repertoire!  Although we usually go for the cute, rather than the spooky, this drink caught our eye, because of the delicious looking combination of ingredients it called for!

We found the recipe for this "bloody" punch in a recent issue of Everyday Food and decided to taste test it the same day we saw the recipe, to see if we wanted to serve it at my daughter's upcoming twelfth birthday party.  (Click here to see some other fun Halloween recipes)
    
It's just a few ingredients...

Pour it all into a pitcher...

Put a scoop of raspberry sorbet into each glass...

and the rest into the pitcher.  Pour into glasses and serve immediately.  I don't really have the photography skills to make it look spooky and "bloody" and frankly my kids were so enamored with how good it tasted, that they couldn't have cared less about what it looked like.  But I suppose it was the right color for blood and could easily be made to look spooky with the right lighting.  :)

Enjoy!
Click here for printable recipe.

Posted by Lara.

The ingredients:
4 cups grape juice
1 bottle (750 ml) sparkling apple cider (the bottles are actually labeled in milliliters)
1/2 cup lime juice (about 4 limes)
1 pint raspberry sorbet

Directions:

Pour the grape juice, sparkling apple cider, and lime juice into a large pitcher.  Add a scoop of sorbet to each of the glasses.  Add any remaining sorbet to the pitcher and pour into the glasses.   
Serve immediately.   Makes 8 servings.

Enjoy! 

1 comments:

teresa October 20, 2012 at 9:57 PM  

YUM! so perfect for halloween!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP