S'mores on a Stick (or Rainy Day S'mores)

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Since you won't need a fire at all for this fun variation on s'mores, these little treats are perfect for a cold, rainy day (of which we've had a few too many of this week).   My kids adore this at-home version of the marshmallowy treat and much to my own surprise, not being a big fan of the camping version of s'mores myself, I thought they actually tasted pretty good too.   In addition to being very easy (and kid-friendly) to make, I also liked the built-in portion control.  Everyone got one marshmallow, which was  perfect for satisfying their sweet tooth without overdoing it. 


Click here for printable recipe.

The ingredients:

12-16 large marshmallows
1 cup chocolate chips (I preferred semi-sweet)
1/2 package graham crackers, crushed (or lightly crushed Rice Krispies)
Lollipop sticks
(from the craft store) or forks

Directions:
  Skewer large marshmallows with a lollipop stick or fork.    In a microwaveable bowl, heat chocolate chips for two minutes in microwave, stirring every thirty seconds until melted.  Dip the marshmallows into the melted chocolate, and using a spoon, coat the marshmallow thoroughly. Immediately sprinkle with crushed graham crackers (or Rice Krispies).  Place on wax paper or propped up inside of a heavy mug and place in freezer for 10 minutes to set.  Allow to sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes and ENJOY!!!




Don't miss a single recipe here at Recipe Shoebox.  Sign up for free email updates on the right. 

*************

8 comments:

Kim September 7, 2011 at 11:54 AM  

I've seen these marshmallow smores on Pinterest lately and I always think they look fun. I'm a total chocoholic and smore fan though so I'd definitely have to eat two :)

Katie September 7, 2011 at 12:46 PM  

YUM. This picture has our name written all over it - I love s'mores as much a Jack loves the Denver Broncos!

Julie September 7, 2011 at 2:36 PM  

Sounds like the perfect treat...yum :)

Jeanette September 7, 2011 at 4:21 PM  

yummy! i like to keep choc. covered marshmallows and graham crackers on hand for "microwave smores" Best, j

Trisha September 7, 2011 at 6:09 PM  

Go Broncos!!! we'll have to try this!

Arlene Delloro September 7, 2011 at 7:07 PM  

I like the portion control aspect and these look like a great kid's project.

Coleens Recipes September 8, 2011 at 1:44 PM  

What a great idea!! I love the photo of your kids.

teresa September 9, 2011 at 11:15 AM  

what a fun idea, my kids would love this too!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP