Menu 1/24 - 1/30

Sunday, January 23, 2011

We're starting this week off on shaky ground with a developing stomach bug in the house.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays with the one and skips the rest of us.  In the meantime, I'm loving my new index that's making it so much easier to find the old favorite recipes that we'd forgotten about!  If you haven't discovered it yet, we've got a main dish index, breakfast index, dessert index, bread index, and an ingredient index where you can look for recipes listed under popular ingredients you're trying to use up.  As always, you can also use the search box on the right as well. 

Monday
--Potato Kielbasa Skillet--I remember really liking this dish, but haven't made it in a long time.  We're excited to try it again.    

Tuesday--Nacho Mama's Mac and Cheese--we made this only a couple of weeks ago, but enjoyed it so much that my family's been asking me when I'll make it again. 

Wednesday
--Sweet and Sour Chicken over brown rice--bright and colorful, this dish has been in our rotation for an entire decade. 

Thursday--Raspberry Swirl Coffee Cake (made with blueberry yogurt and jam instead of raspberry)
Old-Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup (new recipe)

Friday--Makeover Chicken Crescents--this family favorite was on the menu last week, but due to a couple of crazy nights didn't actually get made.  The kids saw it on my menu board and have been making sure I don't forget it.

Saturday--Apple Fritters--An old-fashioned breakfast treat at its best.

Creamy Potato-Leek Soup (new recipe)

Sunday--Mexican Lasagna--one of my husband's favorite meals ever. 

O' Henry Bars--one of the very first recipes I published here on the Recipe Shoebox, this has been a family favorite of ours for many years!  It's easy and delicious!


Go check Organizing Junkie for lots more Menu Plans!

4 comments:

SnoWhite January 23, 2011 at 9:48 PM  

Tasty week, Lara! I hope that stomach bug stops at 1!!

ann January 23, 2011 at 10:42 PM  

Every thing looks great! I love when my family gets excited about something that I'm going to make. Sounds like yours are interested too. I hope all of you stay well.

Mandy January 24, 2011 at 8:32 AM  

Looks like you have a great week ahead of you! I actually posted a Mexican Mac N Cheese today that was inspired by your "Nacho Mama" version. Thanks for continuing to share and post wonderful recipes that moms like me can use and adapt. All the best to you, Mandy

Natanya @ Fete and Feast January 24, 2011 at 10:42 PM  

My family loves potatoes and sausage so I bet they'll love the kielbalsa skillet. I love that it has spinach in it so we'll be trying it very soon. The Mexican Lasagna looks tasty as well. Thanks for sharing your plan this week.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP