Menu 1/17 - 1/23

Sunday, January 16, 2011

 With its warm comforting soups, breads, and chilies, the winter time is is definitely my favorite time of year to cook.  This week's menu has some of our oldest and most favorite meals...perfect for another crazy week filled with appointments and the normal busyness of life with five kids.  Tuesday's and Wednesday's meals will be crockpot meals, so I can do all the prep work early in the day before the kids get home.  

Monday--Broccoli-Cheese Soup--this super easy soup has been one of my 13-year-old daughter's favorite meals since she was four.
Tuesday--Award Winning Chili ( in the crockpot)--the winner of our annual church chili cook-off several years in a row.  Our friend finally divulged his recipe and it's become a favorite at our house ever since.
Lion House Corn Bread with Green Chilies

Wednesday--Chicken Azteca (new)--a crockpot recipe full of cream cheese and chicken.  I'm excited.

Thursday--Makeover Chicken Crescents--one of our family's favorite meals ever.  These freeze well  and are great for the lunchbox too.
Friday--Bruschetta Pizza--in the summer I make this with fresh tomatoes, but now I'll use a can of drained diced tomatoes. 
Saturday--Kate's White Chicken Chili (new)--one of my long-lost friends from college posted it on Facebook and I've been daydreaming about it ever since. 

French Peasant Bread--an easy, no-knead recipe.  We have this at least once a week at our house. 

Sunday--Honey-Lime Enchiladas--not-too-spicy, these enchiladas are universally enjoyed in our house. 


Breakfasts:  
Apple-Walnut Pancakes--one of our favorite breakfasts ever

Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits

Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon-Brown Butter-Pecan Topping 
 


Go check Organizing Junkie for lots more Menu Plans!

5 comments:

ann January 16, 2011 at 10:52 PM  

Lara,

It all looks wonderful. Can't wait to try some of these!

MountainBlessings January 17, 2011 at 4:02 AM  

YUM, tonite I tried your cresent chicken rolls, OMGosh they were so good. I have plans to do the bread bowls next, they look so good! I've got ya bookmarked and will follow you. You have so many yummy things to try! thanks for sharing! Marla

Annika January 17, 2011 at 10:22 AM  

Your menu (and pictures) look delicious! I am looking forward to trying some of them. Have a great week!

Holli January 17, 2011 at 4:29 PM  

That broccoli cheese soup sounds so good right now!!

Anonymous,  January 18, 2011 at 8:45 PM  

I am sad to say that I have not yet gotten back to menu planning this year! :( Your meals sound great this week!!!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP