Bacon Parmesan Pasta

Monday, January 31, 2011

 This quick and easy pasta recipe from Pioneer Woman was as tasty and indulgent as its rich ingredients would indicate.   We completely devoured it and will keep this recipe in the rotation whenever we're looking for some hearty comfort food I know the whole family will enjoy. 
 
Click here for printable recipe


The ingredients:

1 lb. bacon
1 lb. rigatoni, penne, or ziti pasta
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup (2-ounces) cream cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 whole eggs
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper


Directions:  In a skillet, fry the bacon until crisp. When done, remove bacon until cool enough to handle and roughly chop. 

Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling salted water until done. 

Place cream and cream cheese in a small saucepan.  Heat over low until cream cheese is melted, and whisk until smooth.  Remove from heat.  Add the Parmesan cheese, eggs, pepper, and crushed red pepper and whisk until blended. 
Drain pasta (reserving 1/2 cup of hot water) and return to pot.  Immediately add the white sauce and toss to coat.  The hot pasta will cook the eggs.

Stir in the bacon, and add some reserved pasta water until desired consistency is reached. 

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Mandy January 31, 2011 at 2:19 PM  

This looks great! I'm sure I could lighten this up and sneak a veggie in there too! I'll have to add it to my plan soon. I have a bunch of bacon bit bags in my freezer that I stocked up on recently from a great grocery store deal.

Thanks Lara for another good one! And thank you for your response to my email too! I will try figuring it out on my own and if I get too frustrated or tired, I'll ask a friend or my computer geek husband to help out! :-)

Have a great week!
-Mandy

Kim January 31, 2011 at 7:43 PM  

Every pasta recipe you make calls to me. This one is no exception! This one looks creamy and crunchy with the bacon - yum!

teresa January 31, 2011 at 9:27 PM  

oh.my.gorsh. does it possibly get better then this?

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP