Pasta with Creamy Mushroom-Bacon Sauce

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Any glance at our weekly menus will show that we rather like chicken and pasta dishes around our house.  Throw in a little bacon to the mix and you've got a hit all around.  Thanks to my friend Tami for the recipe for this tasty dish! 

 Click here for printable recipe.


The ingredients:


8-ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled (I cooked the whole package and saved the rest for garnishing)
1 lb. pasta (bow-tie or rotini)
1 Tbs. butter
12-ounces chopped mushrooms, use a variety if possible
1 onion, chopped
1 Tbs. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup chicken stock
2/3 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley


Directions:  Cook and crumble bacon, set aside.  Cook pasta in a large pot, according to package directions.  Drain and set aside.

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add mushrooms, onions, garlic, salt, and pepper.
 
  Cook until liquid mostly evaporates and mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally (about 12 minutes).  Add chicken stock, cook 2 minutes more, stirring occasionally.  Remove from heat.  Add the cream, Parmesan, parsley, and bacon.
 
Stir until cheese is incorporated.  Toss in pasta and stir to combine.  Garnish with more fresh parsley and crumbled bacon if desired. 
 
Enjoy!

6 comments:

Kim January 12, 2011 at 10:50 AM  

Pasta and chicken is always a hit at my house too (we had it last night)! This one looks like a winner.

RSA Online January 12, 2011 at 3:48 PM  

Mmmm bacon really does add that little *kick* to any dish :) looks great!

Arlene Delloro January 12, 2011 at 6:48 PM  

Pasta-creamy-mushroom-bacon. You didn't have to say another word. Yum!

teresa January 12, 2011 at 10:21 PM  

the first thing i saw was bacon and i didn't need to read anymore because i was already in love. this look so good!

Rachel January 14, 2011 at 9:21 AM  

That looks heavenly! My husband refuses to eat mushrooms, so I'm thinking I might just make this for myself and my kids and work on the leftovers for lunch all week ;)

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP