White Chocolate Strawberry Cookies

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

If you're looking for a one-of-a-kind way to use up some fresh strawberries, then you've come to the right place.  These cream cheese cookies are bursting with fresh strawberry flavor with a touch of zesty lime while the white chocolate adds just the decadent touch to make these soft textured, unique cookies a colorful addition to a summer menu.  For best results, use only fresh, ripe strawberries chopped shortly before adding to the dough. Enjoy!

White Chocolate Strawberry Chunk Cookies
Recipe by  Lara 

The ingredients:


(oops, I forgot the white chocolate chips and two limes in this  picture)

1 cup butter, softened
1 pkg. (8-ounces) cream cheese, softened
2 cups sugar
1 egg
1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
Zest from 3 limes, finely chopped (about 1-1/2 tablespoons)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 cups fresh strawberries, finely chopped to about the size of chocolate chips (NOTE:  don't chop the strawberries until shortly before you're going to add them to the dough)
1  pkg. (12-oz.)  white chocolate chips

 Directions:  In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, and 2 cups of sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in egg and lime juice and lime zest.  Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.   Gently fold in chopped strawberries (drain any accumulated juices first) and white chocolate chips.

Gently scoop into balls on a greased baking sheet (or a parchment paper lined baking sheet) and bake at 350° for 8-10  minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.  Cool 1 minute before removing to wire racks.    Makes 4 dozen cookies.  These are best eaten fresh (right out of the oven is good) or within a couple of days. 

Enjoy! 

Don't miss a single recipe, sign up for free email updates. 

***

13 comments:

Randy and Tasha June 15, 2011 at 9:30 PM  

These look soooo yummy! But you need a shorter name for this strawberry goodness

Lara June 15, 2011 at 9:39 PM  

Thanks Randy and Tasha....I took your advice and made the name so it's not quite such a mouthful. :)

annalisa June 15, 2011 at 10:03 PM  

I made these cookies and brought them to work with me and everyone loved them! They are unique and soft and yummy!

I love the fresh strawberries and the lime zest, which adds a little kick to it!

Jen June 16, 2011 at 6:42 PM  

Oh my heck! I am making these right now and they taste AMAZING!

Quirky Jessi June 17, 2011 at 12:04 AM  

So I skipped right past the title and thought at first these were going to be scones. Now I'm even happier to see that they're cookies, hehe.

Wende June 22, 2011 at 9:59 PM  

I have made these and they are sooooo good! And this recipe makes a bunch of yummy good cookies!

I shared this recipe on my blog post Must Try Tuesday.

http://therickettchronicles.blogspot.com/2011/06/must-try-tuesday-june-21-2011.html

Thanks for sharing!

Wende

Valerie July 29, 2011 at 12:52 AM  

Copied it and sure hope to make it soon!

Lisa Hyde,  October 18, 2011 at 10:04 PM  

Is it possible to use frozen fruit in cookies? I've been curious about that.

Eugenia January 17, 2012 at 4:36 AM  

Hi, I'd like to ask, the cups used in measurements is how many grams? or rather, what calculation did u use? US or British?

And also, could we roll the dough and cut out shapes instead of making them in chunks?

Anonymous,  March 17, 2012 at 1:07 PM  

The amount of strawberries is different in the printable version. Which is correct?

Lara March 17, 2012 at 3:33 PM  

Eugenia, I use the US measurements for all my recipes. I don't think these would make good cut-out cookies, but then again I've never tried it, so I'm not sure.

Anonymous, Sorry for the discrepancy. I've changed the printable recipe to match the blog post. Thanks for catching that.

Unknown May 3, 2013 at 10:26 AM  

Ok I have made these a few times and I leave them in the oven for 20 minutes and yet the cookie has a glossy finish is that normal? The bottom of the cookie is a golden brown Just want to make sure I don't get people sick lol

Lara May 3, 2013 at 12:39 PM  

Tim,
The cream cheese in the dough gives it a whiter, glossier finish than regular all-butter cookies, so if the bottoms are browned they should be perfect! Enjoy!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP