Spider-Man Spaghetti Pie

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

From Lara:  Exciting news!  I have found a blogging partner/friend who shares a passion for cooking and blogging and who has agreed to regularly share her own recipes here at the Recipe Shoebox!  I am thrilled to share her fun and tasty recipes with all of you and I am equally as excited to have a partner to bounce ideas off of and to share in the posting!   Jen is the mom of three very cute boys, so you will find her recipes family friendly and fun, and they will fit right in with the Recipe Shoebox style.  

**************************

Hi there! My name is Jen and I'm so excited to share some new recipes with you. I love this blog and I am always looking for new ideas, especially when it come to finding meals for my picky family to eat.

I came across a blog the other day about a mom cooking in the kitchen with her three young boys. I was hooked as I, too, have three young boys. She had all sorts of fun ideas to make food fun for her kids. So I can not take credit for this idea. Check out "Kitchen Fun with my 3 Sons". I can, however, take credit for going the extra mile and making it just a little better than noodles and sauce. Thus Spider-Man Spaghetti Pie was born. I hope your kids like it just as much as mine did.
Click here for printable recipe. 


The Ingredients:
6 oz. spaghetti (about a handful)
2 Tbsp butter
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
1 15 oz carton ricotta cheese
1 jar spaghetti sauce
2 slices white cheese

Directions: Cook the spaghetti as directed on package. Meanwhile, cut out shape of Spider Man's eyes onto the sliced cheese and put back in the refrigerator. Preheat your oven to 350º. When the noodles are cooked, remove some and put aside in a bowl of warm water so that they don't stick together. Add the butter to the hot spaghetti and stir until the butter is melted. Add the Parmesan cheese and eggs and stir together until well blended. At this point you can press it into a greased pie plate, OR form mini servings onto a lined cookie sheet. (for mini a Spider Man).
Spread the ricotta cheese over the top of the pressed spaghetti leaving about a 1/2 inch around the edge clear. (Or if you're like me today, and you don't have ricotta then just lay slices of mozzarella over the top of the spaghetti). Spread with spaghetti sauce over the top. Be careful if you're using ricotta that you don't blend the sauce in. We want a red Spider-Man face.
Take the reserved spaghetti noodles and shape the web on the “face”. Since this was the first time I made this I actually put the web on after I cooked it, but I imagine that it would be easier if you made the web before cooking it. Refer to Spidey's face to make the web.
Bake in oven for 30 minutes. After you take it out, add Spider-Man’s “eyes”.

Serve with green veggies and refer to them as the Green Goblin. But we know that superhero Spider-Man will always triumph over Green Goblin vegetables. (At least in my home)


Don't miss a single recipe, sign up for free email updates. 

4 comments:

Rebekah June 14, 2011 at 1:34 PM  

Very cute! A fun project to make with the kiddos. :D

Kim June 14, 2011 at 5:13 PM  

This is the cutest idea I've seen in awhile. Can't wait to give this a try.

Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons.com June 14, 2011 at 5:25 PM  

Thanks for linking to our blog! We are so glad you liked the idea and your spaghetti pie looks great!

K June 20, 2011 at 12:17 AM  

My son would love spider-man spaghetti! Looks very fun!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP