Menu 6/6 - 6/12

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Most weeks that I don't post a menu here on the blog, I've at least got one jotted down with my shopping list on a sheet of paper in my purse.  Last week, though, I was so distracted that I never made a menu at all or even a shopping list for that matter.  I was a little cocky about it all and thought it would be easy to wing it day-by-day....after all I used to do it all the time and I have a whole recipe blog as my repertoire.   Unfortunately I was wrong.  Every evening ended up as a stress filled time wondering what meal I could pull together, with whatever I had in the house.      Although I think my kids rather enjoyed the week of  lettuce-less tacos, meatless spaghetti, bunless hot dogs, and Chick-fil-A, I was definitely not a fan of the 7:30 or later mealtimes that seemed to be the norm when I am ill-prepared.  This week I'm starting with  a long shopping list and a fresh zeal to eat well-rounded, healthy meals again!      

Monday
--Family Favorite Chicken Pasta Salad--this healthy dish is one of our favorites of all time


Tuesday--Awfully Easy BBQ Ribs (new)
with Homemade Texas BBQ Sauce (new)
Easiest Orange Jello Salad Ever--this is so easy that I let the kids make it

Wednesday--
Mexican-Lime Soup (new)
Braided Bread--our new favorite easy one-rise bread recipe



Thursday--
French Dip Sandwiches in the slow cooker--My family has been begging me to make this one for them again

Mango Quinoa Salad
(without the chicken)--great flavors and great for you....can't beat a salad like that!



Friday--Healthy Blueberry Pancakes (new)
Blueberry Spinach Smoothie--I'll make it with OJ instead of grape juice and OJ concentrate


Homemade Pizza with Quick Whole Grain Pizza Crust


Saturday--Avocado Chicken Salad Pitas---this is one of our favorite light summery meals


Sunday--Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes--yeah, they're as good as they look! 



Basil Chicken with Coconut Curry Sauce (new)
Gorgonzola and Walnut Salad--Love the flavors of this one!

White Chocolate Raspberry Bars---I'm drooling just typing the name of these decadent treats!



Go check Organizing Junkie for lots more Menu Plans!




***********
Don't miss a single recipe, sign up for email updates (on the right). 




4 comments:

SnoWhite June 5, 2011 at 11:33 PM  

sorry to hear about the stress of last week! It's amazing how much I depend on these menus -- makes life so much easier at 5pm...! This week looks tasty; I'm enjoying all the spring/summer foods you have on the list.

Megan June 5, 2011 at 11:38 PM  

I'm with you! I find I am just LOST when I don't meal plan! I have no clue how people do it, lol! A little planning is SUCH a time saver, not to mention the better meals you get to eat!

K June 5, 2011 at 11:40 PM  

It's official, seeing your posts make me sad, since I can't eat most anything you post. Waaaaaaah! ok, I'm done whining. EVERYTHING looks super yummy!

Anonymous,  June 6, 2011 at 6:02 AM  

I totally agree! No menu plan = no good. But boy I'm struggling to make mine this summer! This week sounds delish at your home!!!! Have a great start to your week....

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP