Emeril's Strawberry Lemonade

Wednesday, June 1, 2011


Despite the fact that my kids still have three weeks left of school, it is definitely starting to feel like summer here in the DC area!  The past few days have been HOT, HOT, HOT, with the thermometer up near 100 degrees and 100% humidity.  With heat and humidity like that it doesn't take much to sweat like a pig, with even a quick trip down to the mailbox making me drip like I just ran a marathon.  Although we don't usually have sugary drinks in the house, I am a sucker for fresh cold lemonade on sweltering days like this.     Since my family has a slight obsession with strawberry or raspberry lemonade when we order drinks at restaurants, I was intrigued when  I saw this recipe over at the  Food Network.  The reviews on it were good, so I wasn't too surprised when my family fell in love with the cold, tangy sweet drink, which they drank up in the blink of an eye.  Stay cool!   

 Click here for printable recipe. 


The ingredients:


2 cups  water
1 cup sugar
1 Tbs. grated lemon peel (don't worry it gets strained out)
1 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 6 lemons)
1 pint strawberries, hulled and halved (about 2 cups)
2 cups  sparkling water or club soda, chilled
mint sprigs, whole strawberries and/or lemon slices for serving (optional)

Directions: 
In a medium saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves. Add the lemon peel and lemon juice, stir, and remove from the heat. Let cool completely, then strain into a clean pitcher. 

In a blender, puree the pint of strawberries and add to the pitcher with the lemon juice. 

(NOTE:  I opted to strain the strawberries in a fine mesh sieve before adding it to the lemon juice, since  I knew my kids wouldn't like the strawberry seeds in their lemonade.)

Stir well to combine and refrigerate until well chilled. 

Add the sparkling water and stir well.

Pour over glasses filled with ice and serve, garnished with mint, lemon slices,  and strawberries. 
Enjoy! 

Source:  Food Network

********

Here are some of our other favorite strawberry recipes:   (Fresh Strawberry Pie, Strawberry Cheesecake Bars, Fresh Strawberry FrostingStrawberry Cheesecake Pancakes, and plenty of homemade strawberry jam!)


*********
Dont' miss a single recipe, sign up for free email updates. 

************

6 comments:

Kim June 1, 2011 at 2:27 PM  

This is such a beautiful drink. One that my family could easily drink everyday. Looks so pretty!

Kathleen June 1, 2011 at 7:49 PM  

This looks and sounds super refreshing! Such a pretty color too!!

Heather June 1, 2011 at 10:14 PM  

Such a timely recipe! This weather is making me crazy and a lovely treat like that is sure to refresh and satisfy my sweet tooth. Thanks!

Debbie June 2, 2011 at 6:32 AM  

That looks so refreshing and it has definitely been soooo hot and humid here. Seems like it is finally cooling off a little.

teresa June 2, 2011 at 3:55 PM  

i'm feeling your pain with this heat, isn't it intense. my daughter actually had an early release yesterday due to extreme heat!

this looks like the perfect antidote, i love that bright red color!

Jerry June 3, 2011 at 3:37 PM  

Looks like great minds think alike :) I love a good strawberry lemonade. I recently made a version of one too which came out great.

Feel free to check out my blog:
http://www.simplygoodeating.com

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP