Crockpot Chicken and Potatoes

Friday, January 27, 2012

This is Lara's younger sister, Kristina. It is very rare that I take the opportunity to post recipes on here, but in light of current events I figured I could occasionally come up with a recipe for Lara.

I love easy crockpot meals and this is one of our family favorites. My 4-year-old and 6-year old gobble this up and always ask for seconds, which is highly unusual when we aren't having pizza or hot dogs. I originally found the recipe on allrecipes.com, then tweaked it some to fit my family better. (Don't we all do that to our recipes?) Hope you enjoy!
Posted by Kristina. 

The Ingredients:
  • 6-8  boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 6 potatoes, cubed (with or without skin)
  • Carrots (as many as you want (o:)
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1 (1 oz) package dry onion soup mix
  • Seasoning to taste (I use Montreal Chicken seasoning and lemon pepper)
Directions:

Put the potatoes and carrots at the bottom of the crockpot with the chicken on top. Mix together the cream of chicken soup, water, cornstarch, and the onion soup mix. Pour over the top. Cook on high 4-5 hours. (My chicken was frozen and it took about 5 hours to cook) You also have the option of cooking it on low for 8 hours.

The best thing about crockpot recipes is that you can tweak it any way you want. I happen to love carrots and potatoes, so I add lots.  If you don't love carrots and potatoes, add less of them and a little less water or add other veggies that you love better.  

Lots of love and hugs headed to Spencer, Lara, and the whole family today! We are constantly praying for you!

9 comments:

Tammy January 27, 2012 at 9:46 AM  

Sounds wonderful, thanks for sharing and I know Lara appreciates it! Your whole family continues in my prayers. God is good and faithful! God bless!

Rebecca Wolthuis January 27, 2012 at 12:14 PM  

This is going in my crockpot on Sunday! Thanks for sharing Kristina!
I don't know if you remember me, but I grew up with your family in MN. I am from Brainerd. We were in the same stake and I know Lara and Nathan.

Rebecca

K January 27, 2012 at 1:56 PM  

Yep, I know you. You are one of the Smiths. (o: I hope you are doing well Rebecca!

Kim January 27, 2012 at 4:45 PM  

I think it is so wonderful that you all are keeping this site going for Lara.

I love saucy chicken meals like this and will be bookmarking this.

annalisa January 30, 2012 at 7:38 AM  

I made this yesterday and it turned out awesomely! It's very flavorful and the chicken was tender. I will definitely be making this again soon.

I think next time I make it, I will make some rice to put it on.

K January 30, 2012 at 11:05 AM  

AL- Did the gravy turn out too watery? When I made it again last week, I made the same amount of veggies, but a lot more chicken and the "gravy" portion was a little too watery. I'm just wondering how yours was? I may need to adjust the recipe with a little less water. (o:

Steve-Rosanna,  February 1, 2012 at 9:29 PM  

A.L. fed it to us Sunday night at her place in Falls Church and it was delicioso! Both mom and I rate it a "five!"

Anonymous,  September 4, 2013 at 6:10 PM  

my family loved this and I had all the ingredients on hand! Thanks for sharing

Korilynn September 23, 2014 at 10:54 AM  

I am going to try this tonight. I was looking for a quick and easy crockpot meal and this was what I found. Can't wait to give it a try!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP