Friday, January 27, 2012
I love easy crockpot meals and this is one of our family favorites. My 4-year-old and 6-year old gobble this up and always ask for seconds, which is highly unusual when we aren't having pizza or hot dogs. I originally found the recipe on allrecipes.com, then tweaked it some to fit my family better. (Don't we all do that to our recipes?) Hope you enjoy!
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 potatoes, cubed (with or without skin)
- Carrots (as many as you want (o:)
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (1 oz) package dry onion soup mix
- Seasoning to taste (I use Montreal Chicken seasoning and lemon pepper)
Put the potatoes and carrots at the bottom of the crockpot with the chicken on top. Mix together the cream of chicken soup, water, cornstarch, and the onion soup mix. Pour over the top. Cook on high 4-5 hours. (My chicken was frozen and it took about 5 hours to cook) You also have the option of cooking it on low for 8 hours.
Lots of love and hugs headed to Spencer, Lara, and the whole family today! We are constantly praying for you!