Aunt Debra's Sugar Muffins

Monday, January 23, 2012


Sunday Morning Sugar Muffins

We have a tradition in our family of always having “Sugar Muffins” on Sunday morning. That is not the official title but my daughter began calling them this as a little girl, so that is what we go with. Breakfasts are a big deal in my home. No one leaves the house with out being fully loaded to head off to school or other activities. My mother fixed these occasionally for our family and now my twin sister and I have both turned these into our traditional breakfast for the Sabbath. Hope you enjoy!



Ingredients:
3 C Flour
1 C Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 C milk

Topping:
1/2 cup melted butter
Plenty of cinnamon and sugar mixture

Directions:
Stir together dry ingredients and then add the wet. Stir till moist and then scoop into sprayed muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven. While the muffins are baking, melt another cube of butter. Mix together plenty of sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl.



After baking, roll each muffin in melted butter and then into the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Serve with other favorite breakfast foods.




You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers!
Love,
Aunt Debra

5 comments:

Rebekah January 23, 2012 at 5:03 PM  

Those look wonderful! What a great treat!

Judy January 24, 2012 at 1:24 PM  

That is a fun change from regular streusel toppings. They look delicious.

K January 24, 2012 at 1:33 PM  

These sure look good! I may have to make them on Sunday. It's nice that our church doesn't start until 10! (o:

jessk January 24, 2012 at 1:43 PM  

Please help...what is a cube of butter? LOL!

Lara January 27, 2012 at 11:17 PM  

AnnaLisa made these for us today and they were excellent!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP