Most Popular Recipes of 2011

Sunday, January 1, 2012

It was interesting to look back at our stats through the year to see which recipes were the most popular.  Some of them I knew about and expected, but others were a surprise to me.  All of them, however, are recipes we love at our house too, so I'm happy that they're getting out there in the blog world too! 

10.  Thai Chicken Pasta--this dish is also on my favorite meal list, so it didn't surprise me to find it on our top 10 most viewed recipes as well. 

9.  Blueberry and Spinach Smoothie--this recipe is one we have at least once or twice per week at our house


8.  Fresh Strawberry Frosting--this frosting isn't the prettiest if you're looking to make a cake look fancy, but if you're looking for fresh strawberry taste, this is the recipe for you!

7.  Easy Chocolate Pretzel Bites--super easy and tasty too, we love to keep the ingredients for these on hand during the holidays

6.  Potato Kielbasa Skillet--my husband loves this meat and potatoes meal

5.  French Peasant Bread--another favorite of ours, we make this one at least once a week at our house!

4. Chicken Pasta Salad--full of veggies and yet it's one of our family's very favorite meals of all time.  I find it humorous when my son puts "pasta salad" down as his favorite food on his star-of-the-week forms at school, while everyone else's say cookies or cake or something of the sort. 

3.  Chicken Parmesan in the Slow Cooker--easy, cheesy, and oh so good!  

2.  Garlic Chicken Pasta with Spinach--full of flavor and healthy, my daughter is always asking when I'm going to make this next


And the #1 most viewed recipe in 2011 was:

1.  Makeover Chicken Crescents--a 'healthified' version of an old favorite, this meal is one of my family's most requested meals of all time and this year has found a few more fans out there too! 

***************************************************

Top 10 Referrers from 2011--

To fellow bloggers and facebookers--thank you for linking up to Recipe Shoebox. 
Here's a glimpse of our top referrers from the year. 

1.  Organizing Junkie
2.  Facebook--Someday I'll figure out how to better intertwine Facebooking with blogging, but in the meantime a big thanks to all of you who link up their favorite recipes from Recipe Shoebox onto their Facebook feed!
3.  Cookie Crazie
4.  Pinterest--check out all the recipes I've been eyeing!
5.  Finding Joy in My Kitchen
6.  Coleen's Recipes
7.  See Jane in the Kitchen
8.  Tried and True Cooking with Heidi
9.  Stumble Upon
10.  A Blog About Food


Thanks for visiting Recipe Shoebox this year! 

Happy new year! 


*******************************
Head on over to Finding Joy in my Kitchen for lots more Most Popular recipes of 2011.
 Countdown to 2011 with Finding Joy in My Kitchen


3 comments:

Kim January 1, 2012 at 5:44 PM  

What a tasty roundup of recipes. I'm pinning the pasta salad in hopes that my daughter will love it and be able to take it in her lunchbox. Happy New Year!

SnoWhite January 2, 2012 at 5:34 PM  

I agree - so interesting to see & reflect on what other people like from your site! Thanks for sharing these, and for participating in the countdown :) Such fun!

Morsels of Life | CJ Huang January 3, 2012 at 4:43 PM  

lots of tasty eats here - especially the thai noodles!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP