Cheesecake Pancakes with Strawberry Topping

Friday, April 22, 2011

 When I saw this recipe in my latest copy of Food Network magazine,  I literally couldn't stop thinking about them (yes, I can be a little obsessive when it comes to food).   I bought the ingredients and tried THREE times to make them without success, for each time I went to make them the kids had devoured my strawberries before I got to them.   Finally I sent my husband to the store to buy some more strawberries AFTER the kids went to bed and cooked up a big double batch the next morning!  These are supposed to be a knock-off of IHOP's Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes and while I've never had the privilege of eating their version, I can say that these are a culinary treat totally worth a diet cheat day!  I couldn't help but smile every time I bit into a REAL CHUNK OF CHEESECAKE and I was totally in love with the graham cracker/cinnamon bits of crust in there too.  I figure with a big helping of fresh strawberries on the top, it was practically healthy  ;-)   and perfect for an impressive Easter brunch.  
Click here for printable recipe.  


The ingredients:

1-1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
2 Tbs.  seedless strawberry jam
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/4 cups buttermilk
1 large egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
Pinch of salt
2 cups chopped frozen cheesecake
Cooking spray
Butter, confectioners' sugar or whipped cream, for topping (optional)

Directions:  Mix the strawberries, jam and 2 tablespoons warm water in a bowl; set aside.  (NOTE:  If your family likes strawberries as much as mine, you may want to double the topping recipe.) 
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. 


Pulse the flour, buttermilk, egg, vegetable oil, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cheesecake pieces, keeping them whole.


 

Coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Working in batches, pour about 1/4 cup batter into the skillet for each pancake. Cook until bubbly on top, about 4 minutes, then flip and cook until the other side is golden brown, about 2 more minutes.

Transfer the finished pancakes to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Serve the pancakes topped with the strawberry sauce; top with butter, confectioners' sugar or whipped cream, if desired.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Jessica | Cajunlicious April 22, 2011 at 9:32 AM  

I wish I could take a bite right out of my screen!

Romney Family April 22, 2011 at 10:50 PM  

oh I am in heaven!! Cheesecake has got to be the best dessert and putting it in pancakes!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Jane April 23, 2011 at 1:15 AM  

I have been eyeing this in my magazine too! I am so glad you tried them so I know they really are as good as they look. Thanks for sharing, I better get the ingredients soon!

teresa April 23, 2011 at 3:22 PM  

holy cow, these look incredible! i would love right now!

Debbie April 23, 2011 at 8:53 PM  

Those are absolutely the most incredible pancakes that I've ever seen!!!!

Kim April 24, 2011 at 4:04 PM  

OMG!! I was thinking these pancakes would be layered with cheesecake in between them, which would be tasty. But, I really love that the cheesecake is crumbled up inside the batter. Awesome!

Happy Easter to you and your family!

The Daily Smash December 26, 2011 at 10:28 AM  

Yummy my family would love these

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP