Best Dessert Recipes (of 2011)

Saturday, December 31, 2011

The final day of Finding Joy in My Kitchen's countdown to 2012 is perhaps the sweetest of all...BEST DESSERTS of 2011!  This was exceptionally hard to whittle down to only our favorites, but with the help of my family (and google analytics) I've come up with the following list.  Happy New Year! 

Easy No-Bake Cheesecake--with just four ingredients to whip together, this is the easiest cheesecake you'll ever make! 


White Chocolate Strawberry Cookies
--after searching for a way to use up some fresh strawberries, I serendipitously came up with this unique cookie


How to Make the Perfect Pie Crus
t--a full picture tutorial on how to make the perfectly flaky pie crust


Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
--with brownies as the crust, this cheesecake is as beautiful as it is unforgettably delicious!

Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix--you'll never go back to the cheap powdered stuff again after trying this delectable version



Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
--yep, they're as good as they sound!

Brown Sugar Buttercream Frosting--my daughter's discovery, this recipe is great for when you're out of powdered sugar and need to make frosting

Hot Chocolate Cookies--with 4 packs of  hot chocolate mix inside and marshmallows on top, these cookies are oh so perfect for a winter day (or any day of the year for that matter)

Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping--you won't believe how cool it is until you make your own magic shell!

Easy Pretzel Turtle Bites--so simple, yet so good, these are great for a last-minute party food


Crockpot Chocolate Fudge Cake--better keep some vanilla ice cream on hand for this fudgy, chocolatey treat, straight out of the crockpot

Cinnamon Roll Cake--we just discovered this treasure, but already it's a big hit at our house!

Melting Snowman Cookies
--a hit with kids and adults, these adorable cookies are a perfect way to liven up a snowy winter's day!



Head on over to Finding Joy in my Kitchen for lots more Best Dessert recipes today.
 Countdown to 2011 with Finding Joy in My Kitchen

5 comments:

Rebekah December 31, 2011 at 8:05 AM  

What a great collection! I can't wait to do the melting snowmen cookies with my kids....and the cinnamon roll cake sounds just fabulous!

Suan D.,  December 31, 2011 at 1:59 PM  

Happy New Year! I love you blog and I know when I come over here almost daily I am going to be in trouble. Love your recipes. Thank you

Coleens Recipes December 31, 2011 at 5:20 PM  

You have some real winners there!!! Happy New Year!!!!!!

SnoWhite January 1, 2012 at 6:47 PM  

Delicious recipes, Lara! Some of these will need to be on my list for 2012 :)

Janie January 5, 2012 at 12:31 PM  

I made hot chocolate cookies last year too and they were great!

Gonna check out the rest of these :)

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP