Cheeseburger Pasta

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Quick and easy, healthy and kid-friendly.  This winning recipe is one I got from from Taste of Home Healthy Cooking!  It actually did taste cheeseburger-like and it was enjoyed by the whole crew at our house--a fairly infrequent feat with five kiddos ranging from 6-16.  If you're not a mustard fan, just leave it out or use less.  We, however, liked it just the way it was!  Enjoy!  



The ingredients:
1 box (12-ounces)  penne pasta
1 lb. ground beef (I used ground turkey)
1 onion, diced
1 can (14-1/2-oz.) diced tomatoes
2 Tbs. prepared mustard (or less if you don't like mustard)
3 Tbs. ketchup
3 Tbs. dill pickle relish
1-1/2  tsp. steak seasoning (I used McCormick Montreal steak seasoning)
1/4 tsp. seasoned salt
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
chopped green onions, for garnishment (optional)

Directions:  Cook pasta according to package directions.  Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. 

Stir in the tomatoes, mustard, ketchup, relish, steak seasoning, and seasoned salt.

Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered , for 5 minutes. 

Stir in drained pasta. 

Cook for 1 minute more.  Sprinkle with cheese. 

Remove from heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.  

Garnish with green onions if desired.  Enjoy! 


7 comments:

Jess April 12, 2011 at 12:14 PM  

Looks great! Going to add it to my plan!

Tammy April 12, 2011 at 1:48 PM  

that's so funny, I just posted a recipe like this last night, it's a bit different so check it out at my blog: daybydaysunshine.blogspot
The noodles cook in the same pan, so it is easy and kids love it

ann@Apples and Twinkies April 12, 2011 at 2:37 PM  

Lara, you had me at Cheeseburger Pasta! This looks GREAT! I have to try it. Thanks.

teresa April 12, 2011 at 3:45 PM  

i've made this before, isn't it good! my favorite part was the relish! YUM.

Mary Bergfeld April 13, 2011 at 10:41 AM  

You have great family recipes here. I new to your blog but I will be back. I really like the food and recipes you feature here. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Kim January 11, 2012 at 11:44 AM  

I liked this one. A good comfort meal. The kids ate it too. I always find something to try.

Anonymous,  March 12, 2012 at 8:12 PM  

Something quick and easy with household ingredients. Not a big fan of the tomatoes in it but hubby liked it and that was the goal :)

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP