Menu 4/11 - 4/17

Monday, April 11, 2011

A big shout-out to my sister AnnaLisa who put together the new visual indexes for the blog!   It's something that I've wanted to do for ages and never found the time.  I'm hoping that they'll make finding recipes easier than ever here on the Recipe Shoebox!    This menu is mostly filled with easy dishes, since life seems to be getting busier and busier around our house!

Monday--Avocado Chicken Salad--today's supposed to be 85 degrees, so we're breaking out the summer fare! 


Tuesday--Breakfast:Whole Grain Oatmeal Waffles with fresh fruit--a healthy hot breakfast


Dinner:  Mexican Skillet Rice (new)

Lion House Corn Bread--we love this super moist corn bread


Wednesday--Easiest Chicken Enchiladas Ever- never mind the ugly picture, this one is a meal that takes 30 minutes beginning to end...perfect for a crazy weeknight
 

Quinoa Salad (new)

Thursday - Chicken Pasta Salad--one of our family favorites and chock full of veggies

Friday--Bruschetta Pizza

Tropical Mango Smoothie (new)

Saturday--Grilled Indian Style Kebabs--we're starting to grill more now that the weather's getting nicer and we can't wait to eat these kebabs again


Sunday--Breakfast: Quiche Lorraine-



Dinner:  Skillet Lasagna--my family like this simple take on lasagna


Dessert:  White Chocolate Raspberry Bars--oh yeah!  These are good!


Go check Organizing Junkie for lots more Menu Plans!



6 comments:

Netta April 11, 2011 at 11:55 AM  

Wow, you do a great job with the photos on your site. It's not easy.
Love your ideas.
Thanks for sharing.

Rebekah April 11, 2011 at 12:49 PM  

Great menu planning!! I was just trying to figure mine out for this week - that chicken pasta salad and avocado chicken salad both look fantastic and like something that I would definitely enjoy - maybe I'll get to try one of those this week! :)

SnoWhite April 11, 2011 at 7:05 PM  

I love that you have the visual index -- I might have to pick your sister's brain!!

Great week - I'm interested in the new salad recipe.

Martha A. April 11, 2011 at 9:08 PM  

I really have to make that chicken pasta salad!

Only Fish Recipes April 12, 2011 at 1:34 AM  

wow..thats a lovely menu plan for the week !I would love to try the skillet lasanga sometime :-)

Cassie April 12, 2011 at 10:02 AM  

Looks awesome! Lucky family of yours!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP