Pepperoni Pizza Skillet

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

After recently discovering the easy lasagna skillet and cheeseburger skillet dishes for dinners, I was certainly intrigued when I found this recipe for Pepperoni Pizza Skillet over at Taste of Home. It didn't end up tasting  much like pepperoni pizza, but it was very well-received up and down the ranks in our house.  I liked how quick and easy it was to make and I also like how flexible this recipe can be.  Don't like mushrooms?  Leave them out.  Love black olives?  Go ahead and throw some in.  As a general rule, I don't tend to like things that call for cream-of-anything soup, but I felt that in this case it actually added a nice flavor to this dish.   I'd give this one a four-star rating and will definitely be adding it to our easy recipe file!
Click here for printable recipe.


The ingredients:

5 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
1-1/2 lbs. ground beef (I used ground turkey instead)
1/2 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped (or any color sweet pepper)
2 garlic cloves (or 1/4 tsp. garlic powder)
1-1/2 cups chopped pepperoni
1 jar (14-oz.) pizza sauce
1 can (10-3/4-oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 can (4-1/2-oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained (optional)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (we love cheese, so we threw in an extra handful for good measure)


Directions:  Cook noodles according to package directions.  Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, pepper, and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.

Stir in the pepperoni, pizza sauce, soup, mushrooms (if using), Parmesan cheese, and oregano. 

Drain noodles; stir into skillet and heat through.  Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.


Makes 6-8 servings.  Enjoy!



3 comments:

Kim April 26, 2011 at 2:22 PM  

My family would devour this one!

Rebekah April 26, 2011 at 3:18 PM  

This definitely looks like one that would go over well at my house - I'm saving this one! :)

Anonymous,  May 3, 2011 at 9:54 PM  

Loved this one! It was super easy and tasted great!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP