Menu 4/18- 4/24 (including Easter dinner menu)

Monday, April 18, 2011

This week is Spring Break, so my daughters have already claimed their days for making breakfasts.   I love a good hearty breakfast to start the day, but since we're not used to having them every day, I've decided to balance out the menu with some lighter fare for dinners.  Just typing up my Easter menu got me drooling. We don't really care for straight ham, so we make Chicken Cordon Blue each year.  I don't really do anything unique with it, but maybe I'll take pictures this year anyway to post here. 

I've got my posts scheduled for the week and I'm totally looking forward to some laid-back days with the kids spending lots of of time outside, getting some long ignored  household chores done, and just chilling around the house.   At this point, we're hoping to squeeze in a little trip to Philly at the end of the week, but that depends on whether my hubby can finish a work project by then.  We've lived only a couple hours away for over a decade, but still we've never been to Philadelphia.   If any of you have any insider tips, must-sees (or must-skips)  please feel free to advise me!  :)  Happy Easter!     

Monday--Chipotle Chicken Fajitas


Tuesday--Breakfast:  Strawberry Pancakes (new)
Dinner: Asian Chicken Peanut Wraps--


Wednesday--Breakfast:  Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes--


Popover Pizza  (new)


Thursday--Homemade Doughnuts (new)
Minted Honey-Lime Fruit Salad--

Easy Southwestern Sandwiches--


Friday-- Out of town (???) --if we stay in town I'm totally just ordering pizza

Saturday--Out of town (???)--if we stay in town, my hubby will be cooking something of his choosing :)

Sunday (Easter)--Breakfast:  Cinnamon Twists--I'll make the dough the night before, then finish them up quickly in the morning while we're getting ready.


Red Pepper Quiche with Herb Butter Crust--I'll cook it up the night before and reheat it in the morning

Dinner:
Chicken Cordon Blue (our Easter dinner tradition--maybe this year I'll take pictures and post it)

Bacon Wrapped Asparagus (new)

Mixed Green Salad with Raspberry Dressing
--


Buttermilk Dinner Rolls--



Fresh Strawberry Pie--

Old-Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie--



Go check Organizing Junkie for lots more Menu Plans!




7 comments:

Rebekah April 18, 2011 at 10:51 AM  

Yumm!! Looks like a beautiful week of eating - those pies are gorgeous! I'm totally drooling too! :D

Kim April 18, 2011 at 12:02 PM  

I've always wanted to go to Philly. I hope it works out for you. It seems like such a fun place with lots to do and I love the history there.

I see the banana chocolate chip pancakes are back again:) I have that recipe printed out and and hanging on my fridge. One day soon I'm definitely indulging in them.

Jessica | Cajunlicious April 18, 2011 at 12:22 PM  

Great week! Just found your amazing blog and am a new follower!
- Jessica @ http://cajunlicious.com

Kathleen April 18, 2011 at 1:02 PM  

Wow! What a great line up!!!

SnoWhite April 18, 2011 at 9:26 PM  

delicious eats this week! Hope you enjoy the time off and also the Easter celebration!!

Aisling April 19, 2011 at 3:32 AM  

I'm going for traditional with a twist thsi year. Over here traditional for Easter would be lamb. I'm doing it Greek style, with herbs and garlic.

Martha A. April 21, 2011 at 9:50 PM  

I just visited Philly in Dec! I loved it!!!
I loved the Ben Franklin Museum and Betsy Ross House.
Of course, Independence Hall!
I would go to the Independence Visitor center first and get all the maps and info and then try to see all you can!!!! There is so much to see and do!!!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP