Menu 5/23 - 5/29

Monday, May 23, 2011

It's been a LOOOOOOOONG week at our house (a car needing thousands of dollars of repairs in the same week as our other car getting totaled will do that to you).   I'm starting this week with trepidation as we wait to hear the verdict from the insurance company on our crashed car and a second opinion on the other car needing repairs.  I'm hoping somewhere during the week to squeeze in a long nap, because my brain needs all the restorative, sanity building time it can manage!

Enough with the complaining, here's this week's menu: 

MONDAY--Mushroom, Asparagus, Walnut Pasta--with mushrooms and asparagus in it, I'm still in shock that this is one of my kids' favorite meals. 

Ice Cream in a Bag (no ice cream maker required)--My kids absolutely love this do-it-yourself ice cream for a family home evening treat

TUESDAY--Zucchini Soup-- I'm missing all the soups in our menu, so thought this one would be a good warm weather one this week
Braided Bread-- a new easy bread my family loves


WEDNESDAY--Mango Quinoa Salad with grilled chicken(new)
Freshly Squeezed Orange-Lime-Lemonade--This stuff is crazy good and so, so perfect for a hot day

THURSDAY--Chicken and Bean Baked Taquitos--it's going to be a crazy night, so this super easy/healthy meal will be just the ticket!


FRIDAY--
Whole-Grain Oatmeal Waffles (made as pancakes) with Buttermilk Caramel Syrup---We love these healthy, whole grain waffles
Grilled Hot Dogs and Burgers
Dad's Coleslaw--the yummiest way to eat some cabbage!

SATURDAY--Quiche Lorraine--a hearty breakfast for a day when all the kids' activities are canceled for Memorial Day weekend
Daddy's Special Grilling Marinade (new)

SUNDAY--
Dinner:  TBD
Dessert:  Orange Jello Cream Cake--a cool treat for a summer day (sometimes we make ours lime instead of orange)



Go check Organizing Junkie for lots more Menu Plans!




***********
Don't miss a single recipe, sign up for email updates (on the right). 



7 comments:

Tara V May 23, 2011 at 10:20 AM  

I'll have to check out the ice cream and the jello cake...it all looks great. best of luck with all your car issues!

Rebekah May 23, 2011 at 11:28 AM  

Yumm! Another week of tasty recipes!! Thanks for sharing! :)

Lora @ my blessed life May 23, 2011 at 11:40 AM  

Your menu looks delicious!! I'll be checking out some of these recipes~thanks for sharing:)

SnoWhite May 23, 2011 at 12:45 PM  

sorry to hear about the car issues! :( Praying they are resolved favorably soon!

xenacat1 May 23, 2011 at 5:17 PM  

Hey, it sounds like you caught our family's bad luck. This past week was thankfully quiet, but the one before, not so much. On Tuesday, my hubby cracked a rib at work, and the next day he was in a car accident (his fault, two other vehicles involved). Granted, I know precious little about computers and the Internet work, but this could only have happened through my following your blog. The bad luck must have traveled to you via cyberspace. So, sorry!
Cheryl in Clearfield

Alison @ Hospitality Haven May 23, 2011 at 5:29 PM  

Ohhh, these sound so great! I like the taquitos and the mango quinoa salad with grilled chicken sounds great! Zucchini soup is something I might need to do this week...I still have about 10 large bags of frozen zucchini in my freezer from LAST year!

Julie May 24, 2011 at 12:26 PM  

Sorry to hear about all the car troubles. That kind of stuff can really get you down. Looks like you've got a delicious week to help get you through it :)

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP