Menu 2/14 - 2/20

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Although, over my years of food blogging, I've gotten better at choosing new recipes to try,  it's still always a hit or miss proposition about whether we'll actually enjoy it or not.  Sometimes I'm sure we'll love something that turns out disastrous and other times I am really surprised by a recipe I was only lukewarm about in the first place.  In the end, I probably publish around 2/3 of the new recipes that I try, discarding the rest to the netherlands of the delete button.  This past week, however,  I felt like a complete flub when it came to choosing recipes.  I tried  5 new recipes and every one of them was a complete dud that you will never see here on the blog!  It was getting really old by the end of the week.  So here's hoping that this week I'll have a bit more luck!    

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day! 


Monday--BBQ Chicken Cheddar Sandwiches--easy to make and something the whole family will gobble down, so my sweetie and me can go out for a Valentine's date

Berry Swirled Fudge Brownies--Rich, fudgy and swirled with fruit preserves...what's not to love about this Valentine-y treat? 


Tuesday--BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup (new)
Best Homemade Hot Chocolate--


Wednesday--Pasta with Cremini, Asparagus, and Walnuts--I'm still surprised every time I make this how much my kids like this despite the presence of mushrooms and asparagus.  It's on our list of family favorite meals


Thursday--Oatmeal Pancakes with Lemon-Apple Topping--My friend just tried these and raved about them, so it got me excited to try them again too!

Crockpot Chicken Parmesan
(new)

Friday--Make-Your-Own Pizzas--a fun way for everyone to be happy with their pizza!



Saturday--Potato Soup--Another one of our family's very favorite meals! 

Bread Bowls--My kids think it is super cool to eat their soup in an edible bowl! 



Sunday--Strawberry Filled Oatmeal Coconut Muffins--We love these wholesome muffins straight out of the oven! 


Fabulous Fast Chicken--an old family favorite that we haven't made in ages!























Greatest Brownies in the World with Coconut Pecan Frosting--Rich and fudgy and oh so decadent!!!!


Go check Organizing Junkie for lots more Menu Plans!

6 comments:

ann February 13, 2011 at 11:14 PM  

All of this looks so great. I wonder how that Crock Pot Chicken Parm will come out. looks great. Very organized, indeed.

Tara V February 14, 2011 at 10:15 AM  

those chicken sandwiches look fantastic!
everything looks yummy.

Rachel February 14, 2011 at 12:09 PM  

That drives me up a wall when I try something new and it's a "flop"...such a disappointment! Your recipes for this coming week look great! I hope you have a nice time tonight!

Also, just to let you know...I have an award waiting for you on my blog :)

Out of the Box into the Kitchen February 14, 2011 at 2:33 PM  

i had a week or two where nothing i made went right or tasted good. i think that happens to everyone! most of my recipes lately have been keepers though!

Miz Helen February 14, 2011 at 4:38 PM  

Your menu for the week looks so good. I don't know which one to try first. I would like to invite you to bring a dish to my Full Plate Thursday. Thank you for sharing and have a great Valentines Day!

SnoWhite February 14, 2011 at 10:04 PM  

bummer about last week's recipes! We love crockpot chicken parm -- I love that the chicken is moist :)

Those pancakes with apples look great -- what a filling and yummy dinner.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP