Avocado and Pomegranate Chip Dip

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Welcome to the Recipe Shoebox's goodie-a-day Holiday Baking series.  Come back daily through December for a new holiday recipe! 
Okay, okay...I know this isn't technically a goodie recipe, but it's so good, so different, and so Christmasy looking that I just couldn't resist sharing it here.  Avocados and pomegranate may sound like such a weird combination, but the creaminess of the avocados actually complements the tart juiciness of the pomegranate seeds in an unexpectedly yummy way.  Every time I've served this it has disappeared quickly, so you may want to save out your portion before serving to everyone else! ;)

Click here for printable recipe. 


Posted by Lara. 

The ingredients:


2 ripe avocados, diced small
1 large tomato, diced small
1 Tbs. finely chopped onion
1/4 tsp. ground coriander
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
3/4 tsp. salt
1 Tbs. lemon juice
seeds of one pomegranate
1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped

Directions:
Combine all ingredients and stir gently.  Serve with tortilla chips.
Enjoy! 


Don't miss a single recipe at Recipe Shoebox.  Sign up on the right for free email updates. 

4 comments:

Unknown December 4, 2011 at 11:27 AM  

At work we have to bring in a treat for the faculty one day next week. This looks like a great one! Thanks =)

Coleens Recipes December 5, 2011 at 4:52 AM  

Wow, what a gorgeous holiday dish!!

Quirky Jessi December 18, 2011 at 4:54 AM  

Adding pomegranate to avocado/tomato/onion salsa of sorts is something I never would've thought to do, but it sounds and look amazing. Definitely festive, too. <3

Mirien December 19, 2011 at 12:01 AM  

Made this today for a big family Christmas party and it was a huge hit! I had to hide a little bit for my husband who came late and he loved it. Thanks for sharing the recipe--I would never have thought to add pomegranate. We loved it and I'm sure it will be a regular part of our Christmas celebrations from now on!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP