Reese's Rice Krispy Treats

Monday, December 19, 2011

Twas the week before Christmas
And all through my house
Papers are strewn
And my daughter's looking for a blouse.
I try to sing a happy tune,
But with way too little sleep,
zillions of  cards to address and mail,
presents to buy, and floors to sweep
I think it's true that my brain needs a bail!

I guess I'll stop rambling and mention today's treat
which I do declare is really neat.
They're crispy and chock full of chocolate,
strewn with rice krispies, and a good bit of peanut butter.
My son's friends happen to eat quite a lot
And while they did munch they also did  utter
that these Reese's Krispies were awesome
and they hoped they I would make them more instead of some possum.

Now I know that I am a horrible rhymer
and that I should stick to cooking instead
but the lack of sleep and the ding of the timer
just gave me the urge to rhyme instead of going to bed! 

Enjoy!

 Recipe Source:   Sweet Basil

Holy moly!  Chopped peanut butter cups are stirred right into the mixture! 

 
Click here for printable recipe. 

Posted by Lara. 

The ingredients:


1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1-1/3 cups creamy peanut butter
4-1/4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 pinch of salt
4 Reese's peanut butter cups, chopped
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:  
In a large sauce pan over medium heat, melt the sugar, corn syrup, and peanut butter until smooth and evenly combined.  Remove from heat.
Quickly add the salt and cereal and stir to combine thoroughly. Add the chocolate chips and stir again.
Wait about 1 minute and add the peanut butter cups,  quickly folding the mixture together (before it gets too hard to stir).

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop rounded tablespoons onto the sheet  OR with damp hands press the treats evenly covering the pan. 

Allow to set for 3-4 minutes, then while the treats are still warm, cut out shapes using cookie cutter. 

Place the cut treats on a wax or parchment paper lined baking sheet. 

Recombine the remainder of the treats into the pan to be cut later. 


Allow to cool before serving.   Made about 30 small bars.

Enjoy!

Don't miss a single recipe at Recipe Shoebox.  Sign up on the right for free email updates. 

5 comments:

SnoWhite December 19, 2011 at 9:36 AM  

Cute card! We almost went with the same one.

You're making me wish I could eat peanuts... these look tempting!

Julie December 19, 2011 at 10:50 PM  

There's no way I'd be able to stop eating those!

Unknown January 12, 2012 at 12:34 PM  

thank you for sharing my recipe. So exciting to see that someone enjoyed it!

Anonymous,  June 18, 2013 at 1:36 PM  

That looks amazing!

Anonymous,  June 18, 2013 at 1:37 PM  

Those look amazing!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP