Best Soup Recipes of 2011

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Today is Day 3 of Finding Joy in My Kitchen's countdown to 2012 and I must say that I'm completely enjoying going through all the recipes I've published this year and finding my favorites!  Today's spotlight is on the Soups and Stews category, which has got me drooling and menu planning already for next week.  :)

 Chicken Quinoa Stew--A new discovery this year, this hearty, healthy, and flavorful soup was perfect for keeping those post-holiday resolutions.


Cheese Crusted Lasagna Soup--this was one of those rare recipes (especially for a soup) that the whole family actually enjoyed. 

Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
--this quick recipe is surprisingly delicious and  the very epitome of guiltless comfort food.


Chicken and Dumplings--comfort in a bowl! 

Meatball Curry Soup
--spicy and different, my kids loved the meatballs and noodles, while I loved the Indian flair


Tomato-Basil-Parmesan Soup in the Crockpot
--This soup is one I just discovered this year, but it has quickly become one of my favorite crockpot recipes.


Spinach and Zucchini Soup--For as healthy as this soup is, it's also surprisingly good, especially with a little squeeze of lemon juice. 

All-Time Favorite Soups (not from 2011)


Potato Soup--this is probably our favorite soup of all time. We've been serving it up for over ten years now and still no one complains when it's on the menu. 

Tortilla Soup
--this soup is another one I've been making for over a decade now and still it's one of my go-to meals for a crazy night.  I can whip up a batch of this in about 15 minutes. 

Head on over to Finding Joy in my Kitchen for lots more Best Soup recipes today.
 Countdown to 2011 with Finding Joy in My Kitchen

2 comments:

SnoWhite December 28, 2011 at 10:44 AM  

You have great soups here, Lara! The chicken & dumplings looks soooo creamy and delicious.

Lyndas recipe box December 28, 2011 at 8:29 PM  

You have some delicious looking soups here; anyone of them will warm up the day. Happy New Year!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP