Melting Snowman Cookies

Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 9 at the Recipe Shoebox's Holiday Treat series features these delightful Melted Snowman Cookies.  Come back every day in December for a fun new holiday recipe!   


I know this confession will come as no surprise to long-time followers of this blog, but I am a total and complete sucker for cute food projects!  As has become a familiar restrain, I came across these on a friend's Pinterest board and was instantly a goner.  I happened to have all the ingredients in the house and even had some unbaked cookie dough in my fridge, so I saw these one morning and was making them with my kids the same afternoon.  My kids thought they were pretty darn funny and I liked that they were pretty easy to make, even for the kids.  With their fun kid appeal and low-stress preparation,  I think these would make a great treat to share for a classroom winter party!  Enjoy!


Recipe Inspiration: Crazy Domestic via Pinterest

Oh my cuteness!  I'm in love with these little fellows!!!
Click here for printable recipe. 

Posted by Lara.

The ingredients: 


Baked round sugar cookies
White icing (we liked the tube of white cookie icing in the baking aisle)
Large marshmallows (one per cookie)
Colored decorating gels (black and orange for sure, plus a couple other fun colors for the scarves and buttons)

Directions:

Flatten marshmallow heads by pressing down on them firmly with your hands. 

Using the decorating gels, add a little snowman face to the marshmallow.  Set aside.

Frost the baked cookies generously with the white icing.  NOTE:  We normally make frosting from scratch, but I liked the shine of the store-bought icing  and the way we could make it drip a little down the sides to heighten the melting effect.  

Before the icing is set, carefully press the marshmallow head into place on the cookie (the icing will keep it in place). 

Now for the fun part...making the snowmen cute by adding the arms, buttons, scarves, etc. 

Allow gels and icing to set or just eat immediately.

Enjoy!   


Don't miss a single recipe at Recipe Shoebox.  Sign up on the right for free email updates. 

3 comments:

Lyndas recipe box December 9, 2011 at 9:56 AM  

Oh my these snowmen are adorable! I may have to make these for my grandson.

Coleens Recipes December 9, 2011 at 6:38 PM  

This is SO strange, I was just looking at this recipe online a few days ago...how cute!!!

Jessica December 12, 2011 at 7:32 PM  

I love these!

I was just thinking, what treat could I make for my girls to bring to school that would not take me hours to make but is still cute. These are perfect!

thank you for the wonderful idea!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP