Hot Chocolate Cookies

Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 2 here at Recipe Shoebox's Holiday Baking series brings us these killer tasting hot chocolate cookies that actually have 4 packets of hot chocolate mix in them!  Come back each day in December for a new holiday goodie recipe!

With milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, semisweet chocolate chips, marshmallows, and four whole packets of hot chocolate, these quadruple chocolatey cookies were chock full of goodness and had a pleasantly chewy texture that I found annoyingly addictive.    My kids were fascinated with the fact that they had hot chocolate and marshmallows in them and seemed to enjoy these fun cookies as much as I did. 

Recipe Source:  See Jane in the Kitchen

I just couldn't resist serving up my hot chocolate cookies in a mug...  :)
Click here for printable recipe. 


Day 2:
  Hot Chocolate Cookies posted by Lara

The ingredients:


1 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
⅔ cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3-¼ cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup hot chocolate mix 
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. salt
1-¼ tsp. baking soda
1 cup  white chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips (I only had semi-sweet chips in the house, so I just added another cup in place of the milk chocolate chips)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows

Directions: 

Cream butter and sugars until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. In a separate bowl, combine flour, hot chocolate mix, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Add to wet ingredients until well combined. NOTE:  Mixture will be thick.  Fold in chips.
 Scoop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper (or Silpat).

**READ THESE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY BEFOREHAND**
Bake at 350 degrees for about 7 minutes, remove pan from oven, then working quickly press 3-4 mini marshmallows into the top of each cookie...pressing them down into the partially baked dough so the cookie will flatten slightly and the marshmallows will not fall out. 

Replace cookies in oven and bake an additional 2-3 minutes, or until edges and marshmallows are light golden brown. 

Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. 
Enjoy!

Don't miss a single recipe at Recipe Shoebox.  Sign up on the right for free email updates. 

9 comments:

Debbie December 2, 2011 at 3:36 PM  

I've heard of these cookies but never tried them. They look very good and different. I think they would make a great addition to any cookie tray!!! I'd like to try them since I love anything chocolate!

Coleens Recipes December 3, 2011 at 2:44 AM  

I love the idea of putting a few of these in a Christmas mug as a gift...how cute is that!?!?

Katie December 3, 2011 at 9:14 AM  

These are heavenly! I've never tried the in a mug before...Maybe with a little whipped cream on top? :)

Kim December 3, 2011 at 9:35 PM  

Made these last night for the missionaries, they were great!

Jen December 4, 2011 at 6:24 AM  

Fun! do you think I could use Nestle Quick in place of the packets? I have a ton of that. But I'm wondering how much. How much is in each packet...1-2 Tbsp? Now you have my brain ticking of other uses for hot cocoa (not to mention the yummy apple cider packets as well!)

Jen December 5, 2011 at 9:10 AM  

I did some calculating and i figure that IF I were to use Nestle Quick then I would use almost 9 Tbsp of cocoa mix for this recipe. I'm just typing this here so that I don't forget.

Anonymous,  December 9, 2011 at 7:20 PM  

How many does this make?

Anonymous,  January 15, 2012 at 3:04 PM  

i made them with semi sweet chocolate chips and cinnamon chips..i thought they were better than when i made them the first time with white chocolate (which were still good)
AMAZING

Emily Short March 8, 2012 at 1:26 AM  

This was by far my most favorite new recipe this winter. They were a big hit with my family! I've been praying for y'all and am so encouraged with how you're leaning on God in this time of pain. Stay strong and keep focused on Him!
Isaiah 26:3

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP