Monday, December 26, 2011
This week I am joining SnoWhite at Finding Joy in My Kitchen in posting our best recipes of 2011. I'm not sure if she meant that it was supposed to have been posted in 2011, but I am including our favorites of 2011 (no matter when they were posted). Here is a list of our favorite breakfast recipes this year (in no particular order). Asterisks indicate that the recipe is a long-standing family favorite.
2. Chunky Monkey Pancakes with PB syrup--with bananas and chocolate and peanut butter, it's a fun combination that my family loves
3. Cinnamon Roll Cake--tastes like cinnamon rolls, without the stress!
4. Apple Fritters--an old classic from my Grandma
5. Caramel Rolls--yeah, they're that good
6. Strawberry Filled Oatmeal Muffins--no need for butter on these muffins!
7. Secret Buttermilk Syrup*--we make this at least once a week at our house
8. Buttermilk Pecan Waffles (or pancakes)*--with or without the pecans, this is a good classic waffle or pancake recipe
9. Cinnamon Twists--much easier than cinnamon rolls, but just as good
10. Mom's Streusel Breakfast Cake*--in our repertoire for well over a decade, this still is one of our favorites of 2011
11. Peanut Butter Pancakes *--a little twist on an old classic
Second row: Apple Fritters, Peanut Butter Pancakes,Chunky Monkey Pancakes with PB syrup
Third row: Caramel Rolls, Strawberry Filled Oatmeal Muffins, Buttermilk Pecan Waffles
Fourth row: Secret Buttermilk Syrup*, Mom's Streusel Breakfast Cake