Best Breakfast Recipes

Monday, December 26, 2011

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!  Ours was nice and relaxing (as you could probably tell from our attire in the last post) and I am looking forward to more relaxing this week! 

This week I am joining SnoWhite at Finding Joy in My Kitchen in posting our best recipes of 2011.  I'm not sure if she meant that it was supposed to have been posted in 2011, but I am including our favorites of 2011 (no matter when they were posted).  Here is a list of our favorite breakfast recipes this year (in no particular order).  Asterisks indicate that the recipe is a long-standing family favorite. 


1.  Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes--with real chunks of cheesecake!
2.  Chunky Monkey Pancakes with PB syrup--with bananas and chocolate and peanut butter, it's a fun combination that my family loves
3. Cinnamon Roll Cake--tastes like cinnamon rolls, without the stress!
4.  Apple Fritters--an old classic from my Grandma
5.  Caramel Rolls--yeah, they're that good
6.  Strawberry Filled Oatmeal Muffins--no need for butter on these muffins!
7.  Secret Buttermilk Syrup*--we make this at least once a week at our house
8.  Buttermilk Pecan Waffles (or pancakes)*--with or without the pecans, this is a good classic waffle or pancake recipe
9.  Cinnamon Twists--much easier than cinnamon rolls, but just as good
10.  Mom's Streusel Breakfast Cake*--in our repertoire for well over a decade, this still is one of our favorites of 2011
11.  Peanut Butter Pancakes *--a little twist on an old classic

(I had a hard time arranging the pictures in the order I wanted them to be, so here's a guide)
Top row:  Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes, Cinnamon Twists, Cinnamon Roll Cake
Second row:  Apple Fritters, Peanut Butter Pancakes,Chunky Monkey Pancakes with PB syrup
Third row: Caramel Rolls, Strawberry Filled Oatmeal Muffins, Buttermilk Pecan Waffles
Fourth row:  Secret Buttermilk Syrup*, Mom's Streusel Breakfast Cake





This post is shared at  Finding Joy in My Kitchen's Countdown to 2012, where food bloggers share their best recipes of 2011. 
 Countdown to 2011 with Finding Joy in My Kitchen

2 comments:

SnoWhite December 26, 2011 at 10:06 AM  

These are making me hungry, Lara! All the cinnamon and sugar... delicious. Thanks so much for sharing your recipes this week.

Janie December 30, 2011 at 12:22 AM  

Ohhh! I made strawberry cheesecake pancakes in 2010, but not with REAL chunks of cheesecake!?!

Checking out the caramel rolls too :) NOM!

Stopping in from the Countdown!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP