Cinnamon Roll Cake

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hmmmm....I'm sensing that Day 20's holiday treat recipe could become our Christmas morning breakfast. 

I was surprised to discover that this delightful breakfast cake actually does taste like cinnamon rolls.  My family devoured it in no-time flat and I am thinking that this recipe will definitely go onto our fancy breakfast menu rotation.  Fancy, of course, being how it tastes, not how long it takes to prepare, since this one was easy peasy to make! 


 Recipe Source:  Cookin' Up North


 Click here for printable recipe.

Posted by Lara.

The ingredients:
Cake:

3 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted

Topping:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tbs. flour
1 Tbs. cinnamon

Glaze:

2 cups powdered sugar
5 Tbs. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Directions:
FOR CAKE:  Mix everything together except for the butter. Slowly stir in the melted butter and pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
FOR THE TOPPING:  Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.

Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife.


Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes.

FOR THE GLAZE:  Mix all ingredients together until well combined.  Drizzle the glaze over the warm cake.
Makes 8-10 servings.

Enjoy!

Don't miss a single recipe at Recipe Shoebox.  Sign up on the right for free email updates.

8 comments:

Kim December 20, 2011 at 9:25 AM  

Oh my gosh...this looks fantastic! My family would love it.

Debbie December 21, 2011 at 6:35 AM  

This sounds like a wonderful recipe. I'm keeping it and will definitely have to try it since we all love cinnamon buns in this house!

Katie December 21, 2011 at 8:49 AM  

Every Christmas since I was born, we have made my grandmother's buttermilk coffee cake. Then last week, my sister Jane made this same recipe for my mom, and they both agreed that it's time to replace the coffee cake! I can't wait for Christmas morning!

The Daily Smash December 26, 2011 at 10:29 AM  

SO many of these I want to try this is the best idea. I hate how long cinnamon rolls take. Love this

Unknown December 24, 2013 at 5:15 PM  

This look so good. I can't wait to serve this to my family. Is there a way to make this ahead of time. I don't want to spend Christmas morning baking.

Lara December 24, 2013 at 5:36 PM  

Sarah, I would make the batter, topping, and glaze and refrigerate them in separate bowls. Then all you would need to do on Christmas morning is to quickly combine and bake them.

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous,  September 13, 2017 at 8:27 PM  

Great Article it its really informative and innovative keep us posted with new updates. its was really valuable. thanks a lot. cupcakes birmingham al

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP