Best Main Dish Recipes (of 2011)

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Day 4 of Finding Joy in My Kitchen's  Countdown to 2012, brings us the Best Main Dish Recipes of 2011.  This one was hard to get narrowed down, so I just picked a sampling of the recipes the whole family enjoyed--kids and adults.  Can you tell we like pasta at our house?  :)

Don't forget to check out our other best recipes in the series....best breakfasts, breads, and soups.  You also might enjoy checking out a list of our favorite main dish recipes of all-time



Spinach Lasagna Rolls--these lasagna rolls were a total hit at our house.  The kids liked the cool presentation of the rolled lasagna, I liked the built-in portion control, and we all liked the taste!

Chicken and Bean Taquitos--ever since coming up with this recipe earlier this year, this has quickly become one of our favorite go-to recipes for a crazy night.  We absolutely love these dipped in ranch dressing.

Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta-- this quick and easy pasta dish has become my daughter's favorite meal.  Lucky me, she likes it so much that when I say I need help making dinner she begs to make this for us.  We love the lemon and garlic flavor combination so much, that we never complain!

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas--a variation on traditional enchiladas, these are still a hit with the whole family

Tacos in a Bag--perfect for a crazy summer night, you don't even need plates to serve this one up

Make-Your-Own Personal Pizza--perfect for a kids' party or just so you can please everyone at dinner, these super easy make-your-own pizzas are a hit at our house.

Best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Ever--These were so dang good, I could never go back to the generic version of fajitas I made before these.

Garlic-Tomato-Bacon Pasta--This dish has 12 whole cloves of garlic in it, but it wasn't overwhelming at all.  In fact, we all agreed that this dish could easily have been on a restaurant menu. 

Goat Cheese and Herb Stuffed Chicken--Fancy and kid friendly, this dish is perfect for serving company or just for a weeknight meal.

Hot Dog, Spinach, and Cream Cheese Pasta
--it sounds weird, but my family absolutely loves this simple dish

Enchilacos--a combination of enchiladas and tacos, the kids will like saying the name as much as they like eating this.

One-Pot Mac and Cheese--a go-to classic recipe for us for lunchtime.  It tastes way better than the store-bought boxes, but is every bit as quick and easy.

Asian Chicken Stir-Fry with Quinoa--filled with veggies, quinoa, and chicken -- this healthy, but tasty dish has won over our entire family. 


Head on over to Finding Joy in my Kitchen for lots more Best Main Dish recipes today.
 Countdown to 2011 with Finding Joy in My Kitchen

7 comments:

Julie December 29, 2011 at 8:25 AM  

Hi, Lara: Thanks for stopping by, I fixed the recipe for the Black Bean and Sweet Potato Soup. Thanks for letting me know.

Unknown December 29, 2011 at 9:25 AM  

I just bookmarked 90% of those recipes! The taquitos will be on my menu next week for sure. -Kelly @ Semi Homemade Mom

SnoWhite December 29, 2011 at 11:39 AM  

pasta & mexican foods are hits at your place! These are delicious. Just pinned them for you!

Debbie December 29, 2011 at 5:38 PM  

They ALL look good to me! Think I will have to start with the lemon chicken pasta dish. I know I would love this.....

teresa December 29, 2011 at 7:14 PM  

i think i've made quite a few of those actually :) great recipes, a very good year!

Miz Helen December 30, 2011 at 5:07 PM  

Hi Lara,
I love it all! Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year!

Janie January 5, 2012 at 11:40 AM  

Checking out your spinach lasagna rolls & creamy chicken enchiladas :) I love Tacos in a Bag!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP